Saturday, March 10, 2007

On the agenda for this weekend....

My husband is going out of town today to see the new movie The 300 on an IMAX screen. He's such a guy. Ha!

Sooo, that leaves me here with the boys. And what are we going to do today, you ask? Why, we're going to paint, of course! I finally decided what I want to do with the boys' room. My oldest has wanted an outer space room for a while, but I knew I didn't have the artistic skill to paint an elaborate mural of a galaxy with stars and planets and such, so I was at a loss for what to do in there. I'm pretty picky when it comes to decorating. I didn't want anything too cheesy or busy or cartoony. So we decided on a crisp white ceiling, nice red walls (I LOVE red!), and a few awesome posters of our solar system that I found at art.com. There are nebula posters, and galaxy posters, and supernova posters, and planet posters, and a really beautiful photographic poster of earth from outer space. My son is going to LOVE it.

Oh, and I also found a really cool little rocket ship lamp to go on their dresser that will add to the theme. I just need to figure out what to do with the window and their bedding. But that can wait. I'm so excited!

I'll make sure to update with pictures once everything is finished. =)

And since I can't post without a picture...here is a picture of Sam from last week at his patriotic program.



He did amazingly great. He memorized a fairly long speech about the Statue of Liberty and also a speech called The American Creed. He was so relaxed and natural. I was so proud I wanted to cry. I'm such a mush.

I wish I could post pictures of the whole stage because the kids were super adorable and looked so sweet in their costumes. There were a few Statues of Liberty, a Betsy Ross, a few Abraham Lincolns, an Uncle Sam, and even a Dr. Martin Luther King! They sang patriotic songs and delivered speeches about our nation and there was even a slideshow dedicated to the men and women serving in our armed forces. After the slidewhow, the kids saluted members of the audience who have served or are serving in each branch of the military. One of the little boys in Sam's class has a Daddy that is serving in Iraq right now, so it was very touching.

I love how he's looking at his flag in this one. Isn't that a beautiful moment? =)




No comments: